Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Desktop Client - 12.21 patch 1 OK - 12.21 patch 2 issue login screen ?

Jump to solution

Dear all,

I have a weird thing going on trying out patch 2 of ALM 12.21.  There where we had no issue with the Desktop Client on 12.21 patch 1 we have one with patch 2.

Thanks for reading carefully all details in my description below, every piece of info matters here 🙂

With patch 2 triggering the ALM login screen we receive : ALM.  Loading Please wait... Following client components were not downloaded successfully : 1 . C1 . CLoader :Loader : (Error 1260) This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator. Extension manifests merge failed. See mmerge.log.txt for details.Close all connections to Server and try again.

Just like with patch 1 also for patch 2 we built our .msi for the ALM Client and installed that one first without problems.  The switch "Include Component Registration" in the ALM Client MSI Generator was enabled when we generated the .msi for patch 2.

Other tests we did on a fresh PC with Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x86 :

1) Open IE with run as admin and trigger the "ALM 12.21 patch 2" ALM Desktop Client URL -> same issue

2) Running after 1) on the IE opened with run as admin the URL for ALM Client registration and retry afterwards once more ALM Desktop Client URL of "ALM 12.21 patch 2" -> same issue

3) On the same PC as used for 1) and 2) above opening IE with run as admin and trigger the "ALM 12.21 patch 1" ALM Desktop Client URL (other environment where we didn't upgrade to patch 2 yet) -> all goes fine and we receive the login screen ! 

I'm really puzzled about this one.  If somebody has a clue ?

Thank you in advance.

Issue1221.02-msi-nologonscreen.JPG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your feedback !

Dear all,

I'm making progress in the troubleshooting.  I found out that Windows Applocker is blocking the initial load of the logon page via the Desktop Client.  In that process some .exe are being started from the local user profile - as apparently the company name of the digital certificate of several .exe changed from "Hewlett-Packard Company" to "Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company" between patch 1 and patch 2, the .exe's of patch 2 are not whitelisted any more and we need to intervene in order to update at that level.

Best regards,

Jan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Please check the antivirus, I have seen that in the past and sometimes that blocks components of ALM. Please ask to your IT department to make an exception with ALM product.

Regards,

Sue Sevilla | SW Technical Support Consultant.

Application Lifecycle Management

Hewlett-Packard

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone's response please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your feedback !

Dear all,

I'm making progress in the troubleshooting.  I found out that Windows Applocker is blocking the initial load of the logon page via the Desktop Client.  In that process some .exe are being started from the local user profile - as apparently the company name of the digital certificate of several .exe changed from "Hewlett-Packard Company" to "Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company" between patch 1 and patch 2, the .exe's of patch 2 are not whitelisted any more and we need to intervene in order to update at that level.

Best regards,

Jan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.