New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Does HP QC 11.52 support SMTP Service of Office 365??

Hi All,

Currently we are planning to install HP QC 11.52 environment.

In order to  configure mail communication requested for SMTP details ,

Received below SMTP details , it was confirmed that mail server used will be Office 365(portal: https://outlook.office.com/).

Mail Server Name: XXXXX-com.mail.protection.outlook.com

Port: 25

Please confirm whether HP QC is compatible & support SMTP service of Office 365?

Kindly provide information on how to request for SMTP connection details of Office 365 , is there any process associated for allowing mail outgoing within organization and outside of organization.

Regards,

Srihari

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Srihari,

Is you ALM Instance on HTTP or HTTPS?

If you have the details, may be you can cross check with your local tech team for your (or Client) for the IP of the local SMTP used for Outlook Operations. 

& ask your network team to have this Firewall enabled on Port 25 between ALM Application Server & SMTP server (Outlook SMTP server in your case). 

& just provide the IP in the SMTP details & rest I guess you know..!!

& there is information on Microsoft IIS SMTP service:

Refer Admin guide: not much Info though. 

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.