Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Error Upgrading Projects to 9.2 using SiteAdmin

Hi all. We upgraded from QC9.0 to 9.2 and all seemed to go well. The problem is we are not able to upgrade the projects. The error we receive is below. Please advise.

Failed to upgrade Quality Center project;
Error in reading columns for table ;
Unsupported type VARCHAR2;

Stack Trace:
com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: Unsupported type VARCHAR2
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.XMLTypes.codeFromPortableType(XMLTypes.java:78)
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CXMLReader.readColumns(CXMLReader.java:318)
wrapped in com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: Error in reading columns for table
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CXMLReader.readColumns(CXMLReader.java:353)
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CXMLReader.readColumns(CXMLReader.java:293)
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CXMLReader.readColumns(CXMLReader.java:288)
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CDBUpgradeReader.getTable(CDBUpgradeReader.java:38)
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CXMLReader$1.next(CXMLReader.java:266)
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CDBConvertor.upgrade(CDBConvertor.java:855)
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CDBConvertor.upgradeDB(CDBConvertor.java:812)
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CDBConvertor.upgradeDB(CDBConvertor.java:786)
at com.mercury.optane.core.db.convertor.CDBProject.upgradeProject(CDBProject.java:196)
at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.upgradeToCurrentVersion(CProjectLogic.java:2779)
at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.upgradeProject(CProjectLogic.java:2403)
at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.upgradeProject(CProjectLogic.java:2031)
wrapped in com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: Failed to upgrade Quality Center project
at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.upgradeProject(CProjectLogic.java:2054)
at com.mercury.td.saserver.requests.UpgradeProject.execute(UpgradeProject.java:26)
at com.mercury.optane.core.web.RequestsDispatcher.execute(RequestsDispatcher.java:87)
wrapped in com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: Failed to Upgrade Project
at com.mercury.optane.core.web.RequestsDispatcher.execute(RequestsDispatcher.java:93)
at com.mercury.optane.core.web.CAbsServlet.executeFunction(CAbsServlet.java:548)
at com.mercury.optane.core.web.CAbsServlet.processRequest(CAbsServlet.java:540)
at com.mercury.optane.core.web.CAbsServlet.doPost(CAbsServlet.java:423)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:153)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve.invoke(FastCommonAccessLogValve.java:481)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
0 Likes
20 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Error Upgrading Projects to 9.2 using SiteAdmin

Staci,

i have exactly the same problem here, can you please send me the solution if you found one?

Thanx,

Bjorn
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you try upgrading the project thru Site Admin after the migration ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Right click the project then select Upgrade Project. Or Deactivate, Export, then Reimport with a new name.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello All,

I ended up calling HP support. Here's what they had me do.

Within the QC Site Admin on the Servers tab we can specify what QC logs. It is set to "warnings" by default. HP first asked me to change this setting to "debug". Once setting was changed they requested that I repeat the actions to hopefully reproduce the failure. I did, it failed, same error. I then sent them the log file for analyzing.

At first glance HP thought that we should verify the field data type value was VARCHAR2, but after further analyzing of the log file determined that it might be a corrupt template file. They asked me to attempt to create a project in QC Site Admin. I did and received the same error as I had previously received when attempting upgrade.

When using Site Admin to upgrade or create a project, QC looks to the files located in D:\Program Files\Mercury\Quality Center\repository\sa\DomsInfo. Somehow during the upgrade to 9.2 files within this folder that are important to upgrade/creating a new project became corrupt. HP specifically mentioned those files contained in the Templates folder; however, they suggested we replace the entire folder.

We renamed the DomsInfo folder and replaced with the one provided by HP. HP then asked I attempt to create a project. I do so with success. I then proceeded to upgrade our projects, also successful.

Hope this is helpful.

Staci

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Staci

Is it possible for you to send these files to me. I have spent a weekend trying to get these files from HP customer support useing our 24X7 support contract which actually means we will get back to you on monday. If it is possible for you to zip this folder and email it to me at majcherj@gsicommerce.com I would greatly appreciate it
I'm always right
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Staci

I am facing the same error. Can you please send me the files at Kartik_in_2000@yahoo.com.

I will be thankful.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi All,

I have long deleted the email from HP so I can't send you the instructions or the files. A person at HP support should be able to provide you with these files and instructions fairly quickly.

Staci
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

You should always take a backup of your DomsInfo file when upgrading or moving QC.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

perhaps now someone have got the files/instructions and can share it?

thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

And @Staci:

How you did the project upgrade?

It looks like you have exported at version 9.0 to a qcp file.

And then imported it in 9.2, with the import-function.

And to import it, the import-function is to "switch on" in the site configuration. That's right?

Thanks a lot!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I called up HP customer support. They sent me the new domsinfo folder. They say it is not uncommon for the files to get corrupted.

IMPORTANT Point - You cannot export a project from QC 9.0 and import it to QC 9.2. This will not work. The reason is that HPO QC 9.2 has got a lot of internal tables which 9.0 did not have. So the only way is an 'xml' upgrade.

This is what you do:
1 - Get the new files for the DomsInfo folder and put them in the correct place.
2 - Deactivate the project in QC 9.0
3 - If you have the project in QC 9.2, click on the project and say 'Remove Project'. DO NOT DELETE THE PROJECT.

4 - Next go to QC 9.0 and copy the dbid.xml file form the 'project' folder.
5 - Paste this file in the 'Project' folder of new QC9.2
6 - Now open site administration of QC 9.2
7 - Click on 'Restore Project'
8 - Choose the path for the dbid.xml file.
9 - If QC prompts for an upgrade, please do it.
10 - You should be all set.

Hope this helps
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.