Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error Upgrading Projects to 9.2 using SiteAdmin

hi chece

The .qcp file option will not work for HP QC 9.2. Thats what I found out.

You have to do an xml upgrade.At this point this is the only solution I am aware of.

If anyone of you has managed to do it with the .qcp file,please let me knwo how to do it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks a lot. I think this will help. Can you send the files to:
thanksalot@trash-mail.com
That would be kind!

But the 9.1 Server accesses a different DB server than the 9.2 one. So that we have to edit the dbid.xml.

But there is a problem. A colleague already tried the steps you described. (Editing the dbid.xml to the new database data.)

After that the restore starts to work, but then we get errors with entries in some tables. So the project upgrade fails.

The exact message is:
~~~~~~~~~~~
Failed to Restore Project;
Failed to restore project;
Cannot build directory item for key '[abc_db@jdbc:mercury:sqlserver://ServerNameAB:1433(td)]' in TD Tables Struct Dir;
Failed to fill table struct for table ACTIONS in database abc_db@jdbc:mercury:sqlserver://ServerNameAB:1433(td);
Failed to determine structure of table 'ACTIONS';
[Mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Ungültiger Objektname 'ACTIONS'.;

Stack Trace:
java.sql.SQLException: [Mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Ungültiger Objektname 'ACTIONS'.
at com.mercury.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
~~~~~~~~~~~

We have to perform an update from 9.1 to 9.2. Has someone already done such an upgrade and is there something else to pay attention to?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Chece

I wouldn't able help you much, because I am looking for the same solution. However, earlier "SreeKrishnan" send me a link this might help you a little. By the way if you performed the upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 already; would mind to give us the step by step approach ?
Thanks in advance.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1238618
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

@TCSPNX

Is it possible for you to send these files to me @ tgnishant@yahoo.com; i am facing the same issue when trying to create/import a project from a dump file.

Thanks and regards
Nishant GT
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello all !!

I have the same problem.

I tried to import a project from QC 9.0 to QC 9.2

Please someone can send me the files for the DomsInfo folder at gcash999@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Help!

I've upgraded half of our projects from QC8.0 to QC9.2 successfully and am now having this exact same error - Error in reading columns for table ; Unsupported type VARCHAR2;

Please can someone e-mail me the mentioned files? I'm at linden.barton@rwesystemsuk.com

Thanks so much!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Help me too.

Please can someone e-mail me the mentioned files? I'm at siddinv@gmail.com

Thanks so much!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have the same problem than Staci ("Unsupported type VARCHAR2"), and I need urgently to import one QCP file from 9.0 in our base QC 9.2

Is it possible that someone sends me the directory "DomsInfo" suggested by HP ?

My e-mail address is : nicolas.willemin@capgemini.com

Thank you in advance
Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

I had the same error using QC9.2 patch20.
However, I installed QC 9.2 patch16 to another server (a developpement server) and I could create a new project. So I copied the doomsinfo folder from this new server to the previous one in order to solve this issue.
Maybe this issue is solved into the patch 22?
Regards,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.