New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error at startup - QC Client is unavailable due to an Unexpected failure

Hi,

We have here a Team of over 50 ppl using QC 9.2. And it works fine for all of them except two of the team members.

They get this error on trying to launch QC 9.2.

"The Quality Center client is unavailable due to an unexpcted failure"
"Contact Customer Support for more information"

The only difference I see with them is - They use either IE v7 or v8. And I am on IE v6.
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Try installing HP Client side Setup on those machines.

To get Client side setup, goto Add-ins Page and click on "HP Quality Center Client Side Setup" and install on the machines having the issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For QC 9.2, are IE7 and/or IE8 supported? Try disabling Tabbed Browsing. Also in IE8 I believe there is another setting which must be disabled, but I don't remember what it is exactly.

You could have these two user try using the QC Explorer - an IE dedicated only to accessing QC.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for replying.

Installing HP Client Side setup didn't help. Also tried disabling Tabbed browsing, didn't work.

What's this QC Explorer - IE Dedicated only to accessing QC, about. Where can I find it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The QC Explorer can be found by accessing your QC URL, selecting Add-ins Page, select More Add-ins, and under the Other section you will find the Quality Center Explorer Add-in.
Quality Center Explorer Add-in
Enables Quality Center client users to run a browser-independent version of Quality Center.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QC explorer did not help either. I get the same error even when trying to access via QC explorer as well.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try deleting the following folder and then reinstalling the Client Components (by either accessing QC and allowing them to download, installing the QC Client Setup files, or installing the QC Browser).

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Mercury Interactive\Quality Center

Depending upon the version of QC, this may be in the HP folder instead of the Mercury Interactive folder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also remove any 'Loader Class' objects found under C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files

There may be more than one of these with v2, v3, or v4 but remove all that are found by right click > Remove.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rhonda, I have tried both suggestions in the past and neither worked. Still getting the error.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It may be a matter of doing things in the proper order.
1) Remove Loader Class objects
2) Delete the Quality Center folder
3) Reinstall only one of the following:
a. Download QC Client components by accessing QC URL
b. Download QC Client components using the Client Setup files
c. Install the QC Browser

Try to ensure that you are installing on a clean machine.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Dears,

We have experienced the same issue with one of our colleagues using Win7 though.

Did you manage to find any solution about it?

We have tried all of the proposals and still the same message.

Awaiting your reply.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Has anyone resolved the issue? Its driving me crazy, someone please help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.