New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Excel Add-in Cert issue ALM 12.55 (patch 2) Win 10 Excel 2016 64bit

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am after a proper user installation guide for the Excel Add-in for ALM 12.55.

I had this working one demo machine,  not i am trying to create an install guide for the rest of the team to be able to use the Excel Add-in, but i am again stuck on the untrusted publisher certificate issue.  I seem to be missing some Micro focus certificates, as i have all the other certificates installed and added teh local cert to the trusted publishers.  where can i get these Micro focus certificates.

Name: ExcelAddIn - ExcelAddIn
From: file:///C:/Users/DU/AppData/Local/Programs/Hewlett Packard Enterprise/Addins/ExcelAddIn.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: The solution cannot be installed because it is signed by a publisher whom you have not yet chosen to trust. If you trust the publisher, add the certificate to the Trusted Publisher list.
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.OfficeAddInDeploymentManager.VerifyAddInTrust(ClickOnceAddInTrustEvidence evidence)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySecurity(ActivationContext context, Uri manifest, AddInInstallationStatus installState)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Thanks but your certificate zip file is corrupt.

i do have visial stuido 2010 runtime installed

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

Hello Alex,

Regarding to your issue, the certificates should be in the Trusted Publishers in Excel. Please find them as follows:

Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options. Click Trust Center, click Trust Center Settings, and then click Trusted Publishers. You can import the ones in the file that I'm sharing (Certificates.zip).

Also you must have Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (any version later than 10.0.50325). To install, please go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48217

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Thanks but your certificate zip file is corrupt.

i do have visial stuido 2010 runtime installed

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

received   "micro focus.cer"    from  official support.  that fixed the issue

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.