New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Excel add-in 12, access ALM server via VPN

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am working on ALM Client via VPN.

I would like to export tests from Excel to QC using Excel add-in : ALM version 12..20, Excel add-in version 12.20

But when I tried to login ALM with URL  https://<server-name>/qcbin , It always response "Unable to connect ALM server..".  Does anyone experience the same issue? Is there any workaround to connect ALM via VPN?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Have good day!

Rin

Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
May be you can do a host entry too, but I don't think this is the cause for that, like Jan said, re register the components & try to download the adding again and check again
(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is this allways happens, when you connect to ALM via VPN, or is it just when you access the same for the first time?

Is the ALM server UP & Running?

Was the firewal opened between the Ciient & the APP Server? 

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks alot  for your quick reply!

This issue always happens when I try to connect ALM from Excel add-in from the first time. ALM Server is up and running. and I access ALM normally via VPN. 

I put the same URL into Excel Addin but it does not work.

FYI:  ALM server URL : https://<severname/qcbin , and I need to config my in host file the address of ALM server.  May it be the problem?

Thanks advance for your support!

Rin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Have you registered the ALM client on your PC?

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
May be you can do a host entry too, but I don't think this is the cause for that, like Jan said, re register the components & try to download the adding again and check again

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!.

I tried to register component and  adding again the add-in. But it does not resolve the problem.

We have 2 version of ALM 11 and 12. Now I can connect to ALM 11 but not to ALM 12.

FYI, my url server of ALM 12 is HTTPS. and  “this certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification authority”.

Do you think it is the problem?

Thanks so much for your advices!

Rin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great thanks all for you kind support!

I finally resolved the issue. It really comes from cerificate errors for HTTPS connection.

By adding missing certification, now I can connect the ALM.

Thanks you all!

Rin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Can you help me connecting excel to ALM so that i can upload my test cases in ALM.

PH: 8509158928

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Please download & install the Excel Add-In from the ADM Marketplace for your specific environment (ALM version / Excel version).

If this does not work please create a new post in this forum or a Micro Focus support ticket with details of your environment and any error messages you get.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

In my case it was due to the proxy setting. The default proxy setting which it supposed to read it from IE isn't working. So have tried by providing the proxy settings manually and it started to work.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.