Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Export Test scripts from QC to Excel in Bulk

The script given to export the testcases and test scenario from QC to Excel doesn't work. Can anyone provide the updated script and let me know how to Export the data from QC to Excel????
0 Likes
262 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Excel macro works, provided you installed the correct version and followed the instructions in the manual.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

From where can I install Excel macro as I don't have it now
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Follow the Add-Ins Page link on the QC start page.
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the answer Jan. Is it known as "Microsoft Excel Add-in" or something else. I have this add-in already installed.
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes, that's it. What is the problem you are getting?
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am not getting error, but that is only used for transferring the Excel data into QC where as I am looking for exporting from QC to Excel. I am not sure as to how can that be done??
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The easiest way is to right click and choose Export (Save As) from any grid view and save to Excel.

If that doesn't do what you want, there is an Excel report generator integrated with QC 9.2.
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jan, This export can only be done for one Test case at a time, where as I have aroung 250 to export which is very time consuming.
So looking for an easier way to do that or bulk export it.
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

From Test Grid you can export all the information except the design steps.
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

But I want to export all(250) the test cases including all the test steps to excel.
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

OK. Your options are:
If you are on 9.2, run the Excel generator.
Or create your own OTA API script and write to Excel

Or run one of the reports found under Analysis that includes the Design Steps. Then right click the report and choose Export to Microsoft Excel. I am not sure you will like the layout, but you could try it.
Jan Czajkowski

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.