Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Export Test scripts from QC to Excel in Bulk

The script given to export the testcases and test scenario from QC to Excel doesn't work. Can anyone provide the updated script and let me know how to Export the data from QC to Excel????
0 Likes
262 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am trying to download all the test cases. When I run the .vbs file, all I could see is command prompt for few seconds and then nothing. Does it have to do with excel version I am using or QC version I am using? No excel file is created at root. I a using Office 2007 & QC 10. Please guide..Thanks
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks for info
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Percy ,

This is a good utility , but how can we make it user interactive . Can you let me know the part of the code which ask the user to input their username and password and also be able to input the subject folder . Is this possible if so could you please send me that part of the code.

Regards

Vinod
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vinod,

If you look at the code that I posted above you will see lines that have a comment "'<-- Change me" in them. Those are the prompts that are asking for info. The values that are defined are the default values. Just put in what you want there.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Percy ,

Yes I have changed the values mentioned against the change me sign and the utility works perfectly for me . However these values are hardcoded , if I pass on this utility to a user , the user would like to enter his credentials. Hence in order to incorporate this feature could you suggest what modifications need to be done to the code. When the user double clicks on the vbs file it should prompt him for a user name and password and the project name and Domain name and also the subject name, so that this is user interactive.

Regards

Vinod
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vinod,

Just input boxes for each of the fields that requires input.

i.e.
sUserName = InputBox("QC Username:", "Enter Username", "qc_alex")
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thank you Percy ,for the input code , I tried this and it worked fine for the username password and for Domain and Project . However I was not successful in implementing it for the subject path

Call ExportTestCases("Subject\")

as this is also hardcoded how would I be able to ask the user to input this value as well .

Regards

Vinod
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vinod,

Make the following changes:

Dim strSubjectPath
strSubjectPath = InputBox("Subject Path", "Enter Subject Path", "Subject\")

Call ExportTestCases(strSubjectPath)
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Percy ,

Thank you for the suggestion , the logic is perfect but when I tried executing the utility after entering the Subject path it gives me an error message " The instruction at "0x1008bfa6" referenced memory at "0x016125bc". The memory could not be "read". Were you able to execute the utility without any issues. Any suggestions.

Regards

Vinod
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vinod,

Not sure were you went wrong. My script works. It's been heavily modified since I've posted it here but it's essentially the same. Make sure that the inputs are correct. If it previously worked with hard coded values, make those hard coded values the default. This version doesn't have any checks to determine if the inputs are valid so you could be encountering an error from invalid input.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI ,

HI,

I want to down load the test result of all the test set from a folder.

Eg:
Folder 1
Sub folder 1
Child Sub folder 1
Test Set 1 - some test case count
Test Set 2- some test case count
Test Set 3 - some test case count
Sub folder 2
Test Set 1 - - some test case count
Test Set 4 - some test case count

Could any one please help in extracting the test results
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI Percy ,

Please help in exporting the test case result with the test case Name

Thanks
Sunilkumar.R
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.