Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Export Test scripts from QC to Excel in Bulk

The script given to export the testcases and test scenario from QC to Excel doesn't work. Can anyone provide the updated script and let me know how to Export the data from QC to Excel????
0 Likes
262 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Everyone,

I have once quick question,I have a test case already there in QC.But I need to add a "ACTUAL RESULT" column in that.Is there a way to do it.Because I have all my actual results in EXCEl sheet[I have multiple scripts to do so].Due to some constraints I cann't upload the test scripts in QC again.

Regards,MB
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are using parameters tab for data input of scripts in QC11.0.

How can we pull the parameters tab values of script to excel sheet?

Please help.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Parameters defined during test design for manual tests are stored in the TEST_PARAMS table. The actual values used for manual test parameters are stored in STEP_PARAMS table. If you have built Excel reports through the Dashboard to extract the other data you want, you could incorporate these two tables into your query, perhaps.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks . this code works for me .. however i need to also download the attachment attached in the test cases. can somehelp me with that
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Percy/Eric,

I was using the same code after customizing and it worked perfect for 1 year. Recently we changed our PC's to Windows 7.

I do get this error as below.

Windows Script Host
Line 13
Char 1
Error Invalid access to memory location.
Code 800703E6
Source (null)

Line 13 contains the following:
Set QCConnection = CreateObject("TDApiOle80.TDConnection")

I have installed QC client machine. May I know what else I need to know to keep this code get working.

Thank you,

Sheeba

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Could someone give some tricks to get this code working please?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ,

I am using QC 10. (eApproval integrated version). I need to upload test scripts from excel to QC without using Excel Add-in.

Can you please provide me the QC API code to upload test scripts from excel to QC.

Thanks,

srish

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

I get below error while trying to run this code.

Line no 9 in my code is -- objQCConnection.InitConnectionEx "QCURL"

Can you assist pl's ?

Regards,

Madhavi

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi jyothi

thanks for the document. I will try this.  Please share me any docs which are realted to HPQC. I am new to this and wants to gain experience on this.

krishna

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

I trying to export test cases from QC to Excel in bulk with folder path from test plan for specific folder can some help provide the SQL/ VB Script please .

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.