Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Export test results to HTML

Hi All,

After a QTP test completes, we can view the test results in the QTP test result viewer. All the steps look nice, all the values used are listed and checkpoints are visible. For a checkpoint there is a screen print and the checked object is outlined for you.

When I go to export to HTML so a user without QTP can review the results, all the screen prints are gone.

Is there a way to retain those images when I export to HTML?

Thanks.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Dennis,

Please have a look at this link

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Number=406430.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the link but it was no help. I went through that site and could find nothing. Apparently, I am not the only one looking for a solution but nobody so far has one - or is willing to share it.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I'm experiencing the same problem with trying to export from the Test Results Viewer. I've tried all formats (HTML, DOC, & PDF) and I get nothing but a blank screen. I also tried a Print Preview of the report and it's blank as well. I've also tried exporting between All and Selection and selected multiple modules within the report. (My QTP test has multiple actions)

Any help would be appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I never could get it to work but there is another way to report to HTML.

The attached registry entry will generate a Log folder in your result folder. In the Log folder, there's a Logfile.html generated in to which you can imbed screen prints.

That's the only way I could get it to work.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.