Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Exporting RunTime DataTable sheet from QTP to QC

I am trying to export runtime datatable sheet (Global) to QC under Test Plan -> - Attachment section.

DataTable.ExportSheet "[QC-ATTACH];;Subject\Automation;;\Country_List.xls", 1

It works fine till the time test is in run mode, however, once the test execution is over, the exported sheet is no longer available. It reverts back to the previous sheet which I added manually.

I need to use the data from that sheet for object properties in shared OR and want to update the property of few Objects in OR based on the changes made by one script, to the Global DataSheet. Please suggest if I am expecting too much or doing something wrong here
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you get an answer to this Vivek? We are having the same problem. Tnks
kevin.manneringsATtelekom.de
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same problem.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,
export your Excel Sheet to locale Drive an upload it separatly to QC. There are examples how you can upload an attachment in QC Documentation Library
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i m also facing the same issue, Any solution to this. I cannot use the one suggested above.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

any one has this sample code?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am also trying to upload the run-time sheet to QC and I am getiing the error "The external resource could not be uploaded to the QualityCenter server repository."

I first save the sheet to the "Temp Folder" specified in the QTP setting then I try to upload it from that location.

Please see below for a code extract:

Set resource=ResourceList.Item(itemCtr)
      resource.filename = FileName
      Datatable.Export "D:\Users\"&Environment("UserName")&"\AppData\Local\Temp\Database_Information.xls"
      resource.Post
      resource.UploadResource"D:\Users\"&Environment"UserName"&"\AppData\Local\Temp\Database_Information.xls",true

------------------------------------------------------

I get the error on the last line.... Please assist.

Regards,

Thabo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.