Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Failed to validate database connection parameters on Installing HP ALM on Linux (Oracle Database)

Hello Everyone.
Good day.

I am new to HP ALM and currently I am on the process of installing HP ALM on Linux.
I was already able to install Oracle databse in the server and was able to access the OEM on the web.
However, when I was installing HP ALM. I am getting this error. "Failed to validate database connection parameters.pnglease see screenshot below"
This what I've done so far:
Under Database Parameters - DB Host Name:
           I entedred the hostname that is configured in :export ORACLE_HOSTNAME=""
Under Database Parameters - DB Port
          I just used the default which is :1521
Under DB Administrator Login:
      DB admin user name (Default: 😞 sys

I used SYS (this is what I used to login to OEM) and along with the password

After doing so, I got this error "ERROR: Failed to validate database connection parameters."

Please help. I am attaching some screenshots as well.
Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Did you try  changing the host name for the public IP address of you DB?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.