Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Fields in QC Document Generator

Jump to solution
How can I configure the fields generated by Document Generator?

For Eg:- The document i generated had
Plan: Path :
Test ID :
Plan: Subject :
Plan: Status :
Plan: Designer :
Plan: Creation Date :
Plan: Type :
Plan: Description :

Where can add/remove some of these fields?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
In the document generator, click on the "Customize" button next to the "Full page" option under "Test Layout" - Refer attached document for screenshot.

Then, you can choose the columns that you want

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
What is your QC version?

Thanks..
Arpan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks Arpan. It's QC 10.0.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Please refer to QC 10 User Guide. I can see steps for specifying Project Data, Requirement Module Data, Test Plan Data etc are given.

If you don't have got the tutorial please use the below link to get it from support website.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals

Thanks..
Arpan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Arpan,

The Guide just mentions how to generate a basic document for each module(Test Plan, Test Lab, defects..etc).

I'm trying to configure the TestPlan-fields (mentioned in my orginal post). I don't see a place in on the UI to configure these.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
In the document generator, click on the "Customize" button next to the "Full page" option under "Test Layout" - Refer attached document for screenshot.

Then, you can choose the columns that you want

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks Shivraj. I was able to change some of the fields.

On Customize page, In Column Adjustments, I have Version Number, Version Owner..etc.
Even If i check those fields, its not included in the document generated.. any thoughts?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Trincy,

Can you attach the following screenshots? I will see if I can find out the issue.

1. Screenshot showing the Test Plan with the version number and other fields

2. Screenshot of the column adjustments screen showing version number and other fields

3. Screenshot OR sample word document that you generated after checking the version number field in column adjustments

Thanks,
Shivaraj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Shivraj has provided the solution.

And the versions started to show up, once it had some values. So i guess it doesn;t display the field if it doesn't have a value.

Thanks again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.