Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

HP ALM 11.5, How to use two sql server databases simultaneously

Hi All-

we have a DB that is being setup during the initial setup of ALM, now that we have more projects added on to our environment. We are planning to have an other additional DB os same type (sql server). How can we use two DB at a time, where I am planning to move few projects on to the new DB server.

I have added the new server and when creating a new project , I get an error "Failed to create Project". i have verified the User role, has DB creator role and able to ping/Test the DB from the ALM site.

Could you please let me know if someone faced the similar issues.

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks

Adi

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Please post the complete details of the error msg 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Here are the error details-

We have a  DB as XX(where the siteadmin and the projects is on this DB). we have added the new DB server (YY) thru the site admin. Able to ping and sucessfully added the DB (YY).

and when i try to  create a new project on DB YY, its throws an error "Failed to create the project" . i have verified the connections string and DB Role on the new server YY (it has DBO permissions) .

and my goal is to keep both DB servers XX and YY. and move only few projects from XX to YY.

Can any help me on this -

Appreciate all your responses.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

When you get this error message, is there a button in the pop-up labeled "Details"? If there is, click it and tell us what additional information displays.

If that is not available, then you need to look at the log files. In Site Admin on the Servers tab you will see information about where the log files are located. Go to that location and look in the log files in use at the time you received the error, and see if there is additional information in the log file that gives more details about the error.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

Please check the SiteAdmin log for the details as to why the Project failed to create

Thanks
Martin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.