New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP ALM 11 - Problems with Patch 10

Hi,

I'm getting an error when I try to install the ALM 11 Patch 10 ("XPW7i_QualityCenter_v11.0-Patch10_R100_Install.EXE") on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (SP1).

Can you please provide the solution to resolve the problem.PFA for the Installation error.

Thanks

Ashish Kamboj

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Do you have admin access to install the patch? and do you have read/write access on the temp folder?
Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, I'm having admin privilages and also having the read and write acces on folders but still I'm unable to install patch 10.

Thanks

Ashish Kamboj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

You should be logged in with the same user that installed QC originally.

You should start the installation with "Run As Administrator" - also if you are an administrator.

Why patch 10? There are later patches available.

/K

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I logged in with the same user as I installed QC and was trying to install with "Run As Administrator" but getting error.

Client suggested the QC Patch 10 for IE11.Is this the patch applicable to work QC11 on IE11 ?

Is QC11 Patch 10 compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (SP1) ?

Thanks

Ashish Kamboj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

IE 11 is compatible with QC 11 Patch 18.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (SP1) is compatible from Patch 6 onwards.

This is the link for ALM specifications

https://hpln.hp.com/page/alm-qc-enterprise-technical-specifications

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your answer but if Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (SP1) is compatible from Patch 6 onwards then why I'm getting error in intalling Patch 10. May be QC11 will not work on IE11 after installing the Patch 10(as you mentioned it is compatible with Patch 18) but Patch 10 needs to installed.

Please provide solution to resolve that error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would recommend you to download it again and try. Compare the size of the file downloaded between source and destination.

If you have unzipped using winzip, try unzipping with winrar to see if it helps. I've seen cases were it helped.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Ashish,

See if below link helps. It is related to patch 10

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00205479

I would also recommend to install latest patch 18. QC patches are cumulative patch & if you install patch 18, it means all patch from 1 to 17 are included. It's upto you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When I tried to open the link- http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00205479

It was showing a message as "You are not authorized to view this document".

I'll look for the Patch18 actually clients provided us the Patch10  that's why I'm more concerned about that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Do you have valid SAID? SAID is required to access the mentioned page.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to get SAID ??

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.