Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP ALM Excel Add-in throws error

Jump to solution

HP ALM Excel Add-in throws error

I have installed HP ALM Excel Add-in. And when i try to launch the excel i see below error message

Name:
From: file:///C:/Program Files/Hewlett-Packard/Addins/HP.ALM.ExcelAddIn.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException: Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/Program%20Files/Hewlett-Packard/Addins/HP.ALM.ExcelAddIn.vsto: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened. ---> System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException: Manifest XML signature is not valid. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: SignatureDescription could not be created for the signature algorithm supplied.
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignedInfo(AsymmetricAlgorithm key)
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignature(AsymmetricAlgorithm key)
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignatureReturningKey(AsymmetricAlgorithm& signingKey)
at System.Deployment.Internal.CodeSigning.SignedCmiManifest.Verify(CmiManifestVerifyFlags verifyFlags)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have below software installed in my machine

HP ALM 12.01

HP ALM Microsoft Excel Add-in 12.53.94.0

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) 10.0.60724

MS Excel Professional Plus 2010 14.0.6129.5000 (32-bit)

Please can you help me avoid this error.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Commander Commander
Commander

I too am receiving this error on some machines.  I've installed the v12.53 Excel add-in (we use QC 12.21), the Connectivity and VS Runtime.  I tried the certificate fix, to no avail.  The odd part is the error occurs on some machines, but not others.  I've checked the OS and Excel versions in both environments, and they match.  I'll be very interested to see if a fix comes along.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

After installaing the below compoenent the issues got resolved and add-in is working successfully.

• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

I'm trying to instal the Excel add-in for HP ALM.

In the Excel_Readme_12_53.htm, you can read (as you copied it as well) : 

1. Launch the HPCodeSigning.cer file found in the Microsoft Excel Add-in installation folder.

... But this file is nowhere to be found...

Would you have a completre path to give?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sabine
0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Unable to install HP ALM Microsoft Excel Add-in. I am using ALM 12.60 I need to upload test cases from excel to ALM, for that i have to install HP ALM Microsoft Excel Add-in.

Please find the version detail: - ALM Microsoft excel add-in : 12.60 - Microsoft excel version : 2016 with 64 bit - OS:Windows 10 with 64 bit

When i try to install the ALM excel add-in then I am getting below error: "The installation of ExcelSetupx64 appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the installation?"

Refer attached screenshot for reference 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.