Commander Commander
Commander

HP ALM Synchro: No Configuration Wizard?

I'm trying to get HP ALM Synchronizer running on a Windows 2012 Server.  (Our QC version is 12.21.)  I've downloaded the files from HP and can get through the installation steps.  According to the documentation, the Configuration Wizard should automatically start, but it doesn't.  No errors or messages are presented after installation is compete, just a blank desktop staring back at me.

I've opened a ticket with HP support, but it's going on two weeks and no word or help from them. 

Any ideas are welcome and appreciated!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Can you see that HP Synch is running from the Services?

you have to run both the HP Synch Server & Client, did you missed any of these?

& What is the tool you are about to Integrate with ALM

If it's taking too long for HPE to respond, why don't you increase the priority of the ticket?

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Thanks for the reply, Damus.  I've updated the Urgency of the service request; hopefully this will prompt some action from HPE.  To your question about Windows Services, I don't see any HP-related services running on the server., which I thought was odd.  Last week I tried to remove & reinstall the Synchronizer, but to no avail.  I still do not see any services, nor does the Config Wizard appear at any point.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Try running the following file (it must exist if the first install phase was completed successfully):

C:\Program Files\HP\ HP ALM Synchronizer\bin\run_config_tool.bat

The above bat file launches the wizard.

Cordially

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution"
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.