Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

HP QC integration with 3rd party test automation tool

Jump to solution

Does QC support integration of 3rd party test automation tool (such as TestComplete, Selenium etc.) ? If so, please point me to the documentation.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Apparently the attachment didn't attach.  Trying again...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

It is possible to integrate other testing tools into QC/ALM but this must be coded.  See the manuals under the api_refs directory of the QC/ALM install directory for guidelines on how to do this using the QC/ALM apis.  Specifically look at:  custom_test_type.chm and OTA_API_Reference.chm.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

To be clear, this is what I am looking for.

Similar to QTP, I would like to be able to store 3rd party automation test assets and test run/results in QC. Also, I would like to be able to run tests from QC (like we would when QTP is used).

Is that something the above mentioned api going to be able to help with ?

0 Likes

Yes.  From the custom_test_type.chm documentation (attached):  

Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) enables you to integrate your custom and third-party testing tools so that you can continue to develop and use your current testing solution. You can use ALM to configure the testing tools you are using, view test scripts created, execute the tests across multiple remote hosts, and view test results.

0 Likes

Apparently the attachment didn't attach.  Trying again...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

unable to open the downloded file..showing not proper link..please share the file again..thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

>unable to open the downloaded file.

I have no problems downloading Jim's attachment:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/attachments/hpeb/itrc-895/68523/1/custom_test_type.zip

The content is just one: custom_test_type.chm

Though I can only see the ToC and not any of the details.

But when I use 7zip to extract it, it's fine.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks @Dennis Handly..its downloaded peroperly when i use 7zip

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.