UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HPES ALM Business Views for Excel Add-in 12.01 Method Error

I have the ALM Business view for Excel addin installed and am trying to log into ALM from the Excel business view.  I had been able to login and pull data.  However, I am now getting the following error.

Method 'SetHookOnKillFocusMessage' in type 'HP.ALM.Analysis.ExcelAddin.Core.AddingCore' from assembly ' HP.ALM.Analysis.ExcelAddin.Core.Version=12.1.0.0. Culture=neutral. PublicKey Token=79234313cf0407a' does not have an implementation.  Only option is an "OK" button. 

Then I get "Object reference not set to an instance og an object" pop-up message with an "OK" button.

I have tried uninstalling the Add-in, reinstalling it, and rebooting and I still get the same error.

Any thoughts?

5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I also observed the same error. I am running Excel 2016 and ALM 12.53. 

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Hewlett Packard,

Do you have any information on how we might fix this, I will be needing to use the excel add in on a regular basis in the next few weeks.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I am getting the same error. Did we find a solution yet?

Thanks,
Anil Nandam.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

BELOW SOLUTION WORKED FOR ME:-

After a lot of R&D comprising of installing various versions, using excel 2010 and 2016, instaling/uninstalling .Net framework, when nothing worked, the below solution FINALLY worked for me.

1. Uninstall the addin from "Programs and Features" under Control Panel

2. Launch ALM and Goto "Analysis View" under Dashboard Module

3. Click on New Item (+ shaped) icon and click on "New Business View Excel Report". On the next prompt provide any name to the report.

4. It will then prompt you to install the addin. Click Yes

5. After that Click on New Excel on the right hand side under the rpeort which you just created in Step 3.

6. It will launch you a MS Excel session with the ALM Addin already logged into your current project! VOILA.

PS:- I closed the MS Excel session opened by HP ALM and manually opened MS Excel and tried manually logging into the HP ALM addin, and it didnt throw me the 'SetHookOnKillFocusMessage' any more. 

Let me know if this solution works for you guys! 🙂

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

It's OK for me
Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.