HPES ALM Business Views for Excel Add-in 12.01 Method Error
I have the ALM Business view for Excel addin installed and am trying to log into ALM from the Excel business view. I had been able to login and pull data. However, I am now getting the following error.
Method 'SetHookOnKillFocusMessage' in type 'HP.ALM.Analysis.ExcelAddin.Core.AddingCore' from assembly ' HP.ALM.Analysis.ExcelAddin.Core.Version=18.104.22.168. Culture=neutral. PublicKey Token=79234313cf0407a' does not have an implementation. Only option is an "OK" button.
Then I get "Object reference not set to an instance og an object" pop-up message with an "OK" button.
I have tried uninstalling the Add-in, reinstalling it, and rebooting and I still get the same error.
Hi Hewlett Packard,
Do you have any information on how we might fix this, I will be needing to use the excel add in on a regular basis in the next few weeks.
BELOW SOLUTION WORKED FOR ME:-
After a lot of R&D comprising of installing various versions, using excel 2010 and 2016, instaling/uninstalling .Net framework, when nothing worked, the below solution FINALLY worked for me.
1. Uninstall the addin from "Programs and Features" under Control Panel
2. Launch ALM and Goto "Analysis View" under Dashboard Module
3. Click on New Item (+ shaped) icon and click on "New Business View Excel Report". On the next prompt provide any name to the report.
4. It will then prompt you to install the addin. Click Yes
5. After that Click on New Excel on the right hand side under the rpeort which you just created in Step 3.
6. It will launch you a MS Excel session with the ALM Addin already logged into your current project! VOILA.
PS:- I closed the MS Excel session opened by HP ALM and manually opened MS Excel and tried manually logging into the HP ALM addin, and it didnt throw me the 'SetHookOnKillFocusMessage' any more.
Let me know if this solution works for you guys! 🙂