New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HPQC 10 - Error "The field <RQ_USER_17> cannot be used with requirement type <Non Functional>"

This error occured when running an excel VBA script to populate data to a newly crated user field in the HPQC requirments module. This was newly added requirement user field and I have check the following in the HPQC Customize section:-

1. Created the User field RQ_USER_17 in "Project Entities\Requirement\User Fields" area and set

a) Field type = string length 255 characters

b) Field Label = "NW SAD Reference".

2. Under "Requirement Types" selected "Non Functional" and moved the new field "NW SAD Reference" to the "In Type" list and did not check "Required".

So I don't know why I get this error when trying to post string values to this new field.

The VBA script works fine for all other requirement field updates if I comment out the line that updates this value. The excel VBA script line is shown Below:-

Req.Field("RQ_USER_17") = NWSADCom     <- This line fails with error above

Req.Post

Also tried this which gave the same error massage:

MsgBox Req.Field("RQ_USER_17")

Interestingly I can goto the requirements grid view select this column and update it manually without getting the error message.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Sounds like a bug.

One thing to check - make sure the new field is also added to the Undefined requirement type. I know not having a requirement field visible for that type could cause some strange behavior in previous versions.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi.

Only one suggestion- what is NWSADCom? Is it string variable or object and what is its value?

Br, Tomas

[If my advice solves your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved. Clicking on KUDOS star is the best way how to say thank you.]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.