Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Had this happened to you… Users disappearing from Quality Center projects

Jump to solution
Has anyone experienced this before or heard of this issue before? That users disappearing from Quality Center projects but still appearing within Site Administration User List.

The user indicated this to me from a LDAP environment.

Thank you.
John Scarpino
0 Likes
23 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Hey John,

Few more points...

Quality center will take between 1 minute to 15 minutes to delete the inactive connections on the Site Connection tab from the Site Administrator, and release the license and objects locked.

To check all the jobs are running on your Quality Center, please use the following link along with your Quality Center
http://[:port]/sabin/servlet/tdsiteadminservlet?method=debuginfo

In this we can see two jobs called as CInactiveTdSessionsCleanerJob, CSessionHistoryCleanerJob. Both these jobs should be running once if it is not then you have to restart the Quality Center services.

All the usage of the licenses will be recorded under SESSION_LICENSE table, so when no user is connected to Quality Center, table should be empty. But in some scenario it appears that there are still records in the SESSION_LICENSE table where the session ID canâ t be found in LOGIN_SESSION table.

So to fix the problem we have to go to qcsiteadmin_db, locate those records in the SESSION_LICENSE table whose session ID canâ t be found in LOGIN_SESSION table. Then delete those records. This will release the licenses.
These things will be done automatically by Quality Center as it is not done automatically; this has to be done manually.
Highlighted
Absent Member..
thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Good one.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
JS,

We tried this, but we got Access Denied.
Highlighted
Absent Member..
When did you get the Access Denied message?

thank you.
John Scarpino
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Check if you are sufficient DB previledges.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Shivaram - that is what I am thinking too.

or Testing Strategies it may be rights issue on the server its self?

Regards,
John Scarpino

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
I am with you John!!

@Testing Strategy: Please explain the issue in detail; someone can respond exact root casue and provide the solution.

Sorry, I just realized, this thread was closed long time back, it may be a good practice to open new one 😉
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Shivaram - yes I just reopened it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Here is what got from HP whic worked and we were able to get in:

I apologize for the delay, to check if the job â CInactiveTdSessionsCleanerJobâ is running, you just need to enter this URL (you must modify it to match with your environment)

Http://:/sabin/servlet/tdsiteadminservlet?method=debuginfo

If you receive the error: "Access denied", please go to Site Administrator, and then from the Site Configuration tab, add this parameter in order to get access, DISABLE_CONSOLE_DEBUG_INFO = N

Sometimes to restart the job you must restart the Quality Center service, please check if after that you have the same problem.

Thanks to all.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.
This job is not started on my server. Does anyone know how to start it? thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am QC 9.2 and today users are disappearing from my project in the Site Admin.  We back up QC and have added them back twice already.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.