Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Having Trouble Intergrating QC and UFT

Jump to solution

Hi Guys, I am coming here completely exhausted of ideas. I am trying to demo-showcase the benifits of UFT and QC to my team so that we can purchase additional licenses for the rest of my team, however I am not having any luck in installing the UFT Addon for QC. I am using HPQC version 11, as well as UFT version 12. I have all of the installation prerequisites installed. (VC++ 2005 and 2012, every iteration of dotNet including 4.5) and yet when i try to install the 'HP_Unified_Functional_Add-in_for_ALM.msi' it errors out telling me 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Run-time components are missing on this machine, run this installation again'. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several new freshly downloaded copies of this redist and i still recieve the same error.

I have tried this installation on the lab machine that has UFT installed, as well as trying to install it on my development laptop (No UFT installed, but all proper prerequisites fulfilled). At this point i am fairly certain it is not looking for the VC++ 2012 but looking for some other file.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate any assistance i can get. I really don't think the installation should be this complicated and feel like there is something small that i am missing.

Thanks in advance for your time!

-Shawn

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Is your system a 32 or 64 bit system?

Considering that you are installing the UFT ALM add-in, and ALM itself is a 32 bit application, you probably need to install the 32 bit version of this component in order to have the add-in installation detect it, even if you are using a 64 bit system.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Is your system a 32 or 64 bit system?

Considering that you are installing the UFT ALM add-in, and ALM itself is a 32 bit application, you probably need to install the 32 bit version of this component in order to have the add-in installation detect it, even if you are using a 64 bit system.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Trudy, Thank you for the followup. My development laptop is 64bit (win7) and my test lab is running a 32bit (Win7). Our actual ALM server is located somewhere in our datacenter and I am sure its running on a server based OS (probably win 2008).  I have tried performing the UFT Addon installation on both the 32bit and 64bit computers and both give me the same error that VC++ 2012 is not installed (when in fact it is and has been reinsalled to ensure it was a functional install)

However it seems that there is only one download link for the UFT Addon located here and does not specify whether it is 32 or 64 bit. Is there another page that i am missing that definies which processor this install is for?

Thanks again!

-Shawn

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

@Trudy Claspill wrote:
you probably need to install the 32 bit version of this component in order to have the add-in installation detect it, even if you are using a 64 bit system.

Hi Trudy, Upon rereading your post, it made me think that you were refering to the 32bit version of the VC++2012 redistributable and so I tried that.. which Worked!

I am now able to see my UFT Test Steps in QC/ALM.

Thank you again for your time and help!!

-Shawn

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.