New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do I add a new status in test lab?

Jump to solution
When carrying out manual test runs in test lab I want to add another status of "Script Failure" and an overall result of "Script Failure - Pass" or "Script Failure - Failed".

This will allow us to track what test scripts require updating after the tests have been completed.

Any help greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1) Go to Tools -> Customize.
2) Click on Project Entities.
3) Expand "Test Instance".
4) Expand "System Fields"
5) Click on Status
6) On the right side of the screen, click on "Goto List"
7) Click on "New Item" and add the status that you want

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
There is vital builtin functionality linked to the items on the status list - that is why you are not allowed to remove any items from it. You can add new ones, but you may run into future problems with Test Plan and Requirements status reporting if you do that.

I suggest you add a new field for your purpose, and perhaps let it be automatically updated from the ordinary status field.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1) Go to Tools -> Customize.
2) Click on Project Entities.
3) Expand "Test Instance".
4) Expand "System Fields"
5) Click on Status
6) On the right side of the screen, click on "Goto List"
7) Click on "New Item" and add the status that you want

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Many thanks to the people who posted. The second reply was most helpful.

Regards,

-Doug
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
See my last post.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.