Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

How to Export Test Lab Test Result to Excel?

Hi everyone ... 

In ALM  v12..01, I am trying to execute a report that will download the pass/fail/etc. results from many Test Lab folders/sub-folders to Excel.

Is this possible in ALM? If so, is there any help documentation on creating such a report?

Any thougts would be great.

Mike

Tags (5)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to Export Test Lab Test Result to Excel?

Hello,

Yet its definitely possible, by uising "Business View excel Report"

Just for clarification, do you need just the status of executed tests or all results of executed tests whith the Action, the expected result, its related actual result and the status of these instances?

Thx in advance

Greg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Following query is to generate all run results. If you do not need such an amout of details, remove all "run_step.xxx" from the below query (eg: run_step.actual)

Prerequisite: You must have the business view addon already installed

1)Create a Business View from "Customization" interface and enter the following query

Select run_step.id,   run_step.name,   run_step.status,   run_step.execution_date,   run_step.execution_time,   run_step.description,   run_step.extended_reference,   run_step.expected,   run_step.actual,   run.name As run_name,   run_step.step_order,   run_step.bpta_condition As run_condition,   test.name As source_test,   test_folder.name As test_folder,   test.parent_id,   run.comments,   run.id As id1,   run.test_config_id,   run.execution_time As execution_time1,   run.execution_date As execution_date1,   run.assign_rcyc,   run.vc_version_number,   run.owner,   test.id As id2, From run_step   Inner Join run On run_step.parent_id = run.id   Left Join test On run_step.test_id = test.id   Inner Join test_folder On test_folder.id = test.parent_id

2) Create a Business View excel report from Analysis View menu

3)Once excel open, set the row limit as "0"

4)Remove the automatic refresh function of the add on

5)Adjust layout from excel (use ctrl + **bleep** to move columns, otherwise navigation pane wont be visible anymore, and your report will crash)

6)click "Refresh" button from excel

7)Once everything satisfactory, upload the report from Excel to ALM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thx Gregoire57...

I think this is the opposite of what I need. I want to pull the data from ALM. Not add Test Labs.

I have figured out most of what I need using SQL/XML. I just haven’t found all of the fields I need, or the correct table linking to create the correct breakdown. In Analysis View I built many Excel Reports, but the one field I cannot find to add to my report is the Type (QUICKTEST_TEST) field from the Test Plan. I did find the data on the TS_TYPE but I am not able to figure out the link/key between other tables I am using. I should (for example) indicate 3 tests, but my query returns 12365 tests. Currently i am using tables CYCLE_FOLD, CYCLE, TESTCYCLE, RELEASES, REATREASE_CYCLES, TEST to build my query. Any thoughts on using TS_TEST?

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Gregorie57,

I tried your recommendation, but had issues.

I do not believe we have the Business View (I see no tab). If not, how do I install it (if possible)?

So, I went to Analysis View, then to [+] New Business View Excel Report Name… , but there is no place to copy the query (like there is in New Excel Report) I then pressed the New Excel button but not sure how to set the row limit to “0”.

I guessing, I need the Busines Tab

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi,

I have the same issue. Can anybody tell me how to resolve the issue.

I do not believe we have the Business View (I see no tab). If not, how do I install it (if possible)?

So, I went to Analysis View, then to [+] New Business View Excel Report Name… , but there is no place to copy the query (like there is in New Excel Report) I then pressed the New Excel button but not sure how to set the row limit to “0”.

I guessing, I need the Busines Tab

Srishti

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Business Views are not available thorugh a new tab in ALM. They are created in Excel and you need to install an add-in to do so.

Here is a reference on the usage of Business Views in the on-line help for ALM 12.60 (you'll see a kind of drop-down box on the upper left of that page to change the ALM version if needed) : How to Generate a Business View Excel Report.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi

This is actually opposite of what I need. I want to extract a report that will download the pass/fail/etc. results from many Test Lab folders/sub-folders to Excel but not uploading of Excel sheet to ALM. Please help me with this if anybody is aware of it.

Thanks in advance.

Srishti

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

With Business views you get your results in an Excel file. Data from ALM are extracted to the Excel file. I don't understand your answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

It seems like Srishti Kapoor may be confusing Business Views with the Excel Upload Add-in which are 2 different and separate add-ins.  Excel Upload is for importing data into ALM and the Business Views is for export from ALM to Excel as Chris_Grz has stated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.