New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

How to calculate the time between a defect was fixed minus it was reported

I am looking for finding the time between a defect was fixed minus it was reported. The data I am trying to collect is how fast the developer could fix a defect.

'The actual fix time' field essentially considers date closed minus creation date so it really cannot help with that I am trying to achieve.

ALM version I have is 12.53

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Commander
Commander

Hello Deepak,

You could do it in a report with the fololowing query: 

SELECT BG_BUG_ID, DATEDIFF(day, BG_DETECTION_DATE,getDate()) as 'Duration'

FROM BUG

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thank you Alden!

I guess the below query returns the no of days between the today and when it was reported.

What I am looking for is the duration between detected date and the date when the defect status was turned into 'Fixed' for the first time. We have defect fix turnaround times defined at the start of the project. This is an attempt to see if we are really able to stick to that. 

Thanks,

Deepak

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

You should have a condition when the defect status changes.. so in pseudo code..

If the Defect status changes to "Fixed" then

Calculate date difference between detected date and current date -- this is the date from detected to when it was fixed

And if you can to track the no. of days it was retested to closed, then you should track the Fixed Date too and use it in the calculation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.