Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to determine type of QC license.

Jump to solution
How can I determine if current QC license is Site, Area or Global.

All I see in the license tab is the number of licenses per module.

Thanks everyone.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Quality Center doesn't know where the users are, so Site, Area and Global are irrelevant to it (not in the license key). There is an area in HP that looks after compliance I think, and they police it with the aid of the Account Reps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
When you lanch QTP if you are using a concurrent license you will see 2 status bars that say something like "I'm searching for a license key..."

You do not see this with a Seat licenece.

Mark Smith
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Thanks Sperk,
I knew it is not a seat license. But how can I determine if SITE, AREA, or GLOBAL.

I can have management look for our contract agreement but trying to save time some time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Quality Center doesn't know where the users are, so Site, Area and Global are irrelevant to it (not in the license key). There is an area in HP that looks after compliance I think, and they police it with the aid of the Account Reps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The QC server does not distinguish between a Site, Area and/or Global licenses as a license is a license.

What determins the what licenses you have is the contract your company agreed to.

This is the definition that HP sales rep provided for license definitions:

Definitions of geographical terms for QC licenses:

Site: means a license allowing the Software to be used at an address (e.g., room number, department number, building number, street address, campus etc.) or group of addresses specified in the applicable Transaction Document(s). Site cannot include addresses in multiple countries or states.

Area: means a license allowing the Software to be used in a single region, defined as the Americas (North, Central and South America and Mexico), EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) or JAPAC (Japan, Asia and Australia). Area cannot be global or multiple regions. Area is determined where the order for the licenses is placed, unless the Order documents indicate otherwise.

Global: means the right to use Software worldwide, as specified in the Product Order Schedule or Order Document. This means no geographical restriction on license usage.

Hope this helps.
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Thanks for your replies, the last one was really helpful.

I will just have to get with management and look at the contract itself then.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
You want to find the SAID number which your HP rep can look up and explain what your license model is.

Good luck.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.