Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to enable SMTP feature after the HPQC installation is complete?

Hello,

i am trying to enable the email functionality within hpqc 9.2 after the installation is completed and the app is running for a while. Is there any place where i can enable the SMTP feature?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Login to Site Admin and select the project and check the box for "Send mail Automatically" on project details tab
There is no such problem without a solution, All you have to do is find the solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the response.

How do i tell the HPQC app about the SMTP server name and port if any etc?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Find step by step instruction of Page 142 of Quality Center Administrators Guide.

First Few steps:
1 In Site Administration, click the Site Configuration tab.
2 Click the Settings button and choose Set Mail Protocol. The Set Mail
Protocol dialog box opens.

3. Select SMTP Server
4 Click Test to send a test e-mail to your mailbox. The Test Mail dialog box
opens. Type your e-mail address and click Send. A pop-up message confirms
whether the mail was sent successfully.
5 Click OK to close the Set Mail Protocol dialog box.

There is no such problem without a solution, All you have to do is find the solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks that answers my question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you please Close the thread and assign some points as per your satisfaction with the answer
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.