Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to find & replace a word in QC.

Hi,

IN QC  design Test step i need to replace a word. how can i do it some one help me.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You have two ways. Use the Seach feature if it is enabled within the database or open the full tree or view as a grid and do a Ctrl+F.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi sridath,

You can use the Find function which is available under Design Steps tab. It will aloow you to search for the specific word in eitherthe step name, its description or the expected result. After you find the specific word you need to replace, then you need to open the step which contains that word and double click it. Once you are in the Design Step Details, there is the option to Find and Replace which you amy use to replace the word. Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Hristo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Hristo,

Can you help me in replacing  a word in all testcases at once.

suppose i have a "login" word, I want to change it to "devicelogin" in all testcases of my project.

How do i do this in one go?

Since it will be impossible to look up all my testcases and change it one by one as i am having close to 2000 testcases.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandhya.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

In the Test Plan, when you switch to Grid view, you can do a Find and Replace from there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

But in the Grid View we will not be able to replace any word from the test design steps and expected behaviour.

Can you please let me know if there any other way to do this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhya

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi there - as far as I know there isn't a way on the ALM gui to update via Find & Replace words from Tests details as well as Design Steps (in Test Plan) at the same time.  You would have to do a find/replace that would sweep all tests but you would have to do that one test at a time if you intend to find/replace for the Design Steps.  The test details and steps are saved in separate tables in the back end database...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi, after this pop-ed up also on our site I have created a solution

- pop-up in IExplorer asking for the Search, Replace and field

- proccedure to replace, taking into account that the fields are HTML

If interested I can provide the code

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey, I have faced the same issue for Find and Replace when it comes to Test design steps. Also we follow Version Controlling for the test cases to Check-out and Check-in. With this I would like to get your code for Find and Replace

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.