Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to handle workflow error for trying to add duplicate items in a list

Jump to solution

I am currently working on a script that adds all first 5 characters of all Feature type requirement names in a dynamic list as 'Feature ID' . Script works correctly when there are unique items to be added.

But it does not work if workflow tries to add duplicate items in the list.

Is there any way I could handle this default error so that workflow continues with next item if in case the item is a duplicate.

Appreciate your time to go though the problem.

Any help would be great. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
Hi @Priyotosh_ganguly

Is ON ERROR RESUME NEXT , not helping in your case?

Regards,Srihari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
Hi @Priyotosh_ganguly

Is ON ERROR RESUME NEXT , not helping in your case?

Regards,Srihari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

@Srihari-Thanks a lot to point out this. Actually I was trying with On Error Goto 0.

Resume Next resolved the issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.