Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to restrict Testers from creating folders and test sets ONLY for the specific folder in Test Lab

Is there a quick way to restrict Testers from creating folders and test sets ONLY for the specific folder in Test Lab?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello FurqanRehman,

Yes that can be done through workflow code however we do not have any sample for that.

In addition there was an enhacemet request submited in the past for that QCCR1J8522 but take in mind that all the enhancemnts request are considered for future versions of the application and does not mean that is commiment.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

FYI, I'm using Quality Center Enterprise Edition 11.52.341 Service Pack 3 and I have already tried this in work flow.

Added this to the Test Plan Module Script

Sub MoveToSubject(Subject)
  On Error Resume Next
 folder_path = subject.path
  On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

And in the Common Scripts Module

Function ActionCanExecute(ActionName)

On Error Resume Next
 if ActionName = "act_new_folder" then
 lev = split(folder_path,"\")
if Ubound(lev) <= 1 then
 if user.IsInGroup("Tester") = true then
 Actions.Action("act_new_folder").Enabled = false
 ActionCanExecute = false
 end if
 end if
 end if
 ActionCanExecute = DefaultRes
 On Error GoTo 0

End Function

Tried this on test Plan module, It works but applicable on Main Floder (Root Directory) and all folders inside it. However I want to apply this restriction on one specific folder under Root directory. However I want this restriction on Test Lab modules on creating folders and test sets on specific folder.

Thanks,

Furqan Rehman

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.