Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to sort fields in Req Details with ALM11

We have a Sub that sorts the Fields of Requirement types. It is called from Enter Module as well as Req_MoveTo

With QC 10 its worked very well and sorted the felds in "Details View" as well as when opening the Requirement in "Requirement Details" dialog box

Now with ALM 11 it only works in "Details View "but not in the open "Requirement Details" dialog box.

Even so the Sub Req_MoveTo is triggered and the code runs through our Sub.

Any  ideas on that.

PS: I opend a SR but HP said thats our problem as they do not garantee Customization!

Thanks for the help

Reto

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Experiencing the same issue.  Have also opened a ticket w/o any response.

We have a manual work around.  If you open the "Requirements Details" dialog box and all fields display in alpha sort order.  Then, select a different Requirement type, then reselect the original type.  This works to resort and display fields as we've programmed.

Would it be possible to automatically switch to a different Req type and back again when opening the Requirements Details dialog box?

I am not aware of where to code for this, if anyone has had success or suggestions, please advise. Thank you.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

HP closed our SR after telling us it will be fixed with Patch 6 or 7

I also tried to automate the workaround by scripting but had no success.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.