Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Importing XMI / XML process diagram from Bizzdesign as Business Model in ALM

I have an export from Bizzdesign enterprise that was BPMN data converted to XMI. When I try to import the file into ALM as Business Process Model, it shows error message as File Format not supported.

I am new to this process and need to know:

i. If anyone has already exported Business Process Flows created in Bizzdesign to XML, which can be loaded into ALM as Business Model, what export file option did you choose in Bizzdesign to export the design.

ii. Can the file be directly loaded into ALM or any inetermediate processing is required so that ALM recognizes this file when imported as Business Model.

This needs to be resolved ASAP.

Any lead on this will help me a lot. I could not attach the file as it contains XML tag and Community portal is not allowing me to add this file as attachment (even with changed extension).

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi there,

I haven’t worked with AML files, however, XPDL files created in the Bizagi Process Modeler import with no problems. We have just moved to ALM/QC v12.60 (from v12.01) and the process works in both versions.

ALM supports the following model and file formats:

• BPMN 1.1 models exported to XPDL 2.0/2.1 files
  • BPMN 2.0 models exported to XPDL 2.2 files
  • EPC 7.1 models exported to AML files (.xml extension

The How to Work with Business Process Models document may also be useful. This can be located at https://admhelp.microfocus.com/alm/en/12.60/online_help/Content/UG/t_use_bpm.htm?Highlight=Business%20model

(Statements expressed here are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

@Mark McNamara 

Thanks a lot for sharing valuable information Mark.

Actually I am new to mapping business models with Requirements and Test Cases and we were mapping and tracking with Requirements so far.

If you are already using this, can you please let me know whether if you link Requirements and Test Cases to Business Process Models, then again do you link Requirements to Test Cases separately or it is not needed to be done for the Requirements which are already mapped with BPM and you map only those Requirements separately which are not part of any Business Models?

Any input on this will help me a lot.

Thanks & Regards,

Priyotosh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi Priyotosh,

As part of the import process of a business model, representative requirements are created automatically for the model and for each of its activities in the Requirements module. Representative requirements link model entities to their associated requirements, tests, and defects.

Conversely, in the Test Plan Module you can also link Tests to Requirements and Business Model entities.

There is a Business Process Models Best Practices Guide attached which describes how to help build relationships between ALM test requirements and business process model entities.

(Statements expressed here are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thank you very much @Mark McNamara 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.