Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Installation of ALM Business Views Excel Add-in Not Available for 64bit?

Previously, I used the ALM Business Views (BV) Excel Add-in, and from what I remember, I had no problem installing the add-in initially.  I am now needing to install the BV add-in on my new laptop, but I never see it appear in order to activate the add-in, in Excel, after successfully running the install file that I downloaded from the MF marketplace.  I'm thinking perhaps because my new laptop has 64bit Excel, that the add-in may not be compatible?   What am I missing?

Doug

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi there,

Business Views Excel Add-in supports 64 bit from ALM v12.60.

(Statements expressed here are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Mark, Thank you for your quick response.  Per your response, and supported by my trial and error, looks like I must have the Bus View Excel Add-in v12.60, to use 64bit Excel, however BV Add-in 12.60 does not play with ALM v12.53.  So, apparently I will either have to downgrade Excel to 32bit,  or upgrade ALM from 12.53 to  12.60.   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

The 64 bit version is supported also with ALM 12.55 patch 3 and above so you can install the latest patch of 12.5x and get this support without the need for full upgrade. 

There is a clear statement about it in the marketplace page under the release notes section.
 https://marketplace.microfocus.com/appdelivery/content/business-views-microsoft-excel-add 

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Udi,

Thanks for the reply...  I really like your suggestion to upgrade ALM to 12.55 patch 3!  That seems like a MUCH better option than downgrading my Excel to 32 bit, or upgrading ALM to 12.60.  I assume the upgrade from 12.53 to 12..55 is pretty simple - I'm pursuing that!  Thanks again!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.