New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Intermittent saving issue in QC 11/12

Hi All,

In Quality center 11/12, currently the project team is facing - saving issue which is intermittent. i.e during some time test steps are not saved or defects comments entered are not saved

one of the scenario is:

1. In Test Plan module, being in Tree view – Copied the test description from one test case and clicked on second test case
  2. Updated the test case name and in details tab pasted the copied data in Description and updated the description content again.
  3. Navigated to Details step and updated the test steps.
  4. Navigate back to Description
  5. Issue: Test case name entered and Test case description updated is not retained. Only test steps entered for retained.

Could you please let me know if any of you come across this issue? Any resolution on this would be appreciated. Have raised this issue with HP but was not resolved

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

Could you give us the case number to check internally?

This is not a common issue and maybe require elevation of the case.

Regards,

Alvaro.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Sure. HP Case No. is 4649413388. Resolution provided as per the case number is to user QC Explorer. But now many projects are facing this issue frequently and would like to know if there is any resolution for this issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

I recommend you to collect the following information:

* QC log in Debug Mode when the issue occurs

* WebGate log

* How many projects and users are facing the issue?

* If you have a small project, it will be good to export it as QCP

Then, create a new case in support and attach all the above and explain that you already had a casa and the QC Explorer didn't solve the issue. As this is not a known issue, I think it will requiere deeper research.

Regards,

Alvaro.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.