Launch of Quality Center Enterprise 11.50 Technology Preview Forum
With the release of version 11.50 for HP ALM/Quality Center Enterprise, HP has a two-part release strategy. HP ALM 11.50 is being made generally available while Quality Center Enterprise v 11.50 is launched as Technology Preview Edition and is NOT GA.
If you are a Quality Center Enterprise (QCE) customer on version 11.0 or prior and are interested in the new features of HP ALM 11.50 (“Lab Management”, HP Sprinter 11.50 and Application Lifecycle Intelligence (ALI)) and one can download the trial version of HP ALM 11.50 from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=1174315
If you would like to check out the new capabilities of “Quality center Enterprise”or Business Process Testing (BPT) for version 11.50 (which is NOT GA), it is released in “Technology Preview” mode, we have a specific forum http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-11-50-Technical/bd-p/quality-center-technical-preview
Why the need for the forum?
Most enterprise software today are released in a “Community Release” or “Preview” mode to gather feedback from the user community; comment on new functionality and incorporate any critical changes/bugs prior to general release. Improving the installation and upgrade experience was something we heavily focused on with the “Technology Preview” release of Quality Center Enterprise v 11.50. To re-emphasize, QC Enterprise 11.50 and Business Process Testing 11.50 are not yet released, but ARE available as part of our Technology Preview program
Quality Center – Technology Preview program details:
- Open to Existing Customers ONLY. ONLY HP Customers who have a valid SAID for the Quality Center Enterprise / HP ALM products will be allowed access.
- As part of the download of the Quality Center Enterprise – Technology Preview edition, you need to agree to the TSFP (Technology Support Feedback Program) agreement. This agreement lists the detailed legal language for evaluating software and providing feedback.
- Quality Center Enterprise – Technology Preview edition software has to be installed on NON-PRODUCTION environments i.e.. staging, development, or test environments. It is NOT meant for production system usage in its current form.
- Customer and community feedback will be gathered through discussions on this forum. Key R&D and Support personnel will be involved on a regular basis in the discussions and feedback aggregation process.
- Business Process Testing (BPT) is a part of the Technology Preview program.
Do wish HP provided an online QC 11.50 application site, that we could use for testing out this new version for HP. Then we could use our approved IDs and passwords that are already connected to our SAIDs.
That forum does exist today it is called "Quality Center Enterprise 11.50 Technology Preview Forum"
If you would like to check out the new capabilities of “Quality center Enterprise” v 11.50 or Business Process Testing (BPT) for version 11.50 (which is NOT GA), it is released in “Technology Preview” mode, we have a specific forum http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-11-50-Technical/bd-p/quality-center-technical-preview
As long as you have HP passport with valid SAID, you can download and access the software.
It would be nice if HP could provide this technology preview in a SaaS format, so that we don't have to sacrifice our own hardware resources to host another instance of ALM just to preview the new features.
(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
What kind of integration are you looking for?
ALM has a tool called 'ALM synchronier' : https://hpln.hp.com/group/synchronizer-content-alm
which allows you to integrate and sync third party content (items->defect,requirements). The tool also provides SDK for new adapters development
Functional Architect - ALM
Currently I am trying to install the ALM 11.5 on Win 2008 x64 SP1. Receiving following error message, Right before the server configuration wizard.
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Application LifeCycle Management 11.50\java\bin\ALM.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
Installed Java 32 Bit and 64 Bit on the machine. Does the Setup have some problem?
I'm Amit from ALM RnD.
Having Java installations on your server shouldn't make any problems.
I've got some questions and requests to resolve your problem:
1. Have you installed the 64-bit Windows version of ALM?
2. Where did you take the installation files from?
3. Where do you see this error?
4. At this stage, ALM is installed but not configured. Can you run the configuration wizard from the start menu?
5. If you tried (4) and got the same error, delete the file ALM.exe, copy java.exe and rename the copy to ALM.exe, then try running the configuration wizard again. Does it work?
I would like to know two things about QC 11 or 11.5.
1) does it have a REST or SOAP interface for managing issues (requirements, tests, etc) from a third-party app? if so, which version supports this?
2) the web interface is it pure web based or does it require ActiveX or other proprietary plugins, as it did in the past?
1) we use REST API but it's still in Technology Preview mode. you can use some functions related to requirements, tests - but the may not work 100%. i'll be happy to hear which API's you need the most.
2) it's with ActiveX - same as before. pure web interface will be for the new line of products. next week a public beta will be available for Agile Manager.