Launch of Quality Center Enterprise 11.50 Technology Preview Forum
With the release of version 11.50 for HP ALM/Quality Center Enterprise, HP has a two-part release strategy. HP ALM 11.50 is being made generally available while Quality Center Enterprise v 11.50 is launched as Technology Preview Edition and is NOT GA.
If you are a Quality Center Enterprise (QCE) customer on version 11.0 or prior and are interested in the new features of HP ALM 11.50 (“Lab Management”, HP Sprinter 11.50 and Application Lifecycle Intelligence (ALI)) and one can download the trial version of HP ALM 11.50 from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=1174315
If you would like to check out the new capabilities of “Quality center Enterprise”or Business Process Testing (BPT) for version 11.50 (which is NOT GA), it is released in “Technology Preview” mode, we have a specific forum http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-11-50-Technical/bd-p/quality-center-technical-preview
Why the need for the forum?
Most enterprise software today are released in a “Community Release” or “Preview” mode to gather feedback from the user community; comment on new functionality and incorporate any critical changes/bugs prior to general release. Improving the installation and upgrade experience was something we heavily focused on with the “Technology Preview” release of Quality Center Enterprise v 11.50. To re-emphasize, QC Enterprise 11.50 and Business Process Testing 11.50 are not yet released, but ARE available as part of our Technology Preview program
Quality Center – Technology Preview program details:
- Open to Existing Customers ONLY. ONLY HP Customers who have a valid SAID for the Quality Center Enterprise / HP ALM products will be allowed access.
- As part of the download of the Quality Center Enterprise – Technology Preview edition, you need to agree to the TSFP (Technology Support Feedback Program) agreement. This agreement lists the detailed legal language for evaluating software and providing feedback.
- Quality Center Enterprise – Technology Preview edition software has to be installed on NON-PRODUCTION environments i.e.. staging, development, or test environments. It is NOT meant for production system usage in its current form.
- Customer and community feedback will be gathered through discussions on this forum. Key R&D and Support personnel will be involved on a regular basis in the discussions and feedback aggregation process.
- Business Process Testing (BPT) is a part of the Technology Preview program.
"If you are a Quality Center Enterprise (QCE) customer on version 11.0 or prior and are interested in the new features of HP ALM 11.50 (“Lab Management”, HP Sprinter 11.50 and Application Lifecycle Intelligence (ALI)) and one can download the trial version of HP ALM 11.50 from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=1174315"
(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
I get this message when wanting to see the second link you posted "Sorry, you do not have sufficient privileges for that action."
How do I get access?
I wanted to apologize for the recent inconvenience caused during downloading the trial software for "QC 11.5 Technology Preview". We are working diligently to fix this issue and ensure that our customers do have access to the software to evaluate and an updated license key as well.
We do expect this to be addressed early next week i.e.. Week of December 10th, 2012.
Once again apologies for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience as we work through sorting the underlying issues.
Vandan Nayak (email@example.com)
Product Manager for Quality Center Enterprise.
Is it to late to preview Quality Center Enterprise 11.50?
The link to the preview in this forum doesn't seem to exist any more. If the download is available, can you instruct me to the correct URL?
I have several test configurations that include Windows 7 64 bit, 1.6 JRE and Internet 9, that I have not been able to test using the currently released QTP / QC 11.0.
I am hoping 11.5 will be the solution I have been waiting for.
Here you go.
John Scarpino, D.Sc.