Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Linked by status remains open for Testset in linked entities

I have linked a test set from testlab to a defect and all the test instance status chaned to passed in testset.

When I go to this particular defect,close the defec,t and check for linked entities-->other entities, for the above mentioned testset the linked by status remains as open.

I want to know when this linked by status will be be changed to some other status?

Thanks

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any hint or solution is appreciated.Pls help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes... the status of the Linked Entity is only changed when you run the testcase manually and then while running the testset, you set the status passed. At that time..you need to link the existing defect with that step..and the status changes.
Running a Testcase > Run with Manual Runner >Begin Run > Status set as Passed > Click on Drop down Linked Defect and select your documented Defect > End Run

Go Back to the Defect Module > Refresh it and you see that the status of the Defect is changed to Passed.. :-))

I am attaching the screen shot for your convenience..

@you also need to checked out from the testcase.

Regards,

Bharti

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

But  this is not I want exactly .

To make it more clear I have added few screenshots.

In the screenshot scr1 I have shown the executed test instances.

In the second scr2 I have shown linked status given as Open for the defect  840 where as the defect status is alreadyy closed.

So  i Would like to know why this Linked by status is still open and when it changes to another status.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Guys any Idea ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you executed the testcase manually again... and linked the defect in the step? and afterwards you need to changed the step as Passed..as I sent the screenshot..

I could change the status this way..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for replying

I did that ,but as u can see in my second screen shot the Linked by status remains "open".How to change it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I want to know when this linked by status will be be changed to some other status?

AS you can see from help:

Linked By Status - The current status of the linked entity.

So, in your case you should change test set status (you should do it manually)

if defect was linked to testinstance, you should re-run your instance

if defect was linked to step, you should rerun existing testrun on change status of step in run manually

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.