Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Main application process failed to start

Hello,

I've got this message "Main application process failed to start" when i started QC11 with internet explorer. Please help me to fix it.

10x
0 Likes
12 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you checked that your OS is compatible with ALM 11 Requirements ?

Have you configured security settings in Internet Explorer (ALM Site should be in trusted sites) as described in documentation ?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Alex for your replay. I found the problem. all that i did "run as administrator" IE and it solved the problem.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have thes same Problem but mine does not disappear after runing once as Admin!!

I have all the prerequisits installed but ALM11 wont start.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We found the problem!

Unter Vista if you do not have rights to Install activ X components IE7 will virtualize the download

in this directory:

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary internet Files\Virtualized\C\Userser\{user }\AppData\Local\HP\ALM-Client\{servername}

if you delete this directory and give the accoring rights to the user it will install again and work.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I am running Win 7 and IE 9 (in compatipility mode).  The security setting have been applied to IE and I am still getting the error message.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It looks like you did not check this directory? You have to delete as from the HP

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary internet Files\Virtualized\C\Userser\{user }\AppData\Local\HP\ALM-Client\{servername}

Error persists until you do so. Windows hides this directory as from "Temporary internet Files" you would have to have Admin rights and you have to open the win explorer as such and "show hidden Files and directories" has to be checked in properties.

we always use total commander to delete it .

Reto

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I checked for the directory but there are no folders in the Temporary Internet folder, only files.  I not only had to turn on show hidden files but also had to uncheck the Hide protected operating system files checkbox and still no folder structure like you described.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I got it corrected.  The folder structure was not present so I deleted any Temp Internet files that refeered back to the ALM server and reinstalled.

Absent Member..

This is C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\HP on windows 7

I got this issue after Norton got suspicious of the ALM-CLient, added a scan and real time exclusion to Norton but deleting the client was still required at C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\HP was still required.   

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My OS is Vista.i try to del this directory C:\Users\hanjun\AppData\Local\HP\ALM-Client.

and You said must be have rights to install activ X components IE7 ......give the accoring rights to the user ...How can i do it? Please tell me the detail.thanks.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

in IE under Settings:

Under .Net Framework-reliant components:

Set Run components not signed with Authenticode to Enable

Set Run components signed with Authenticode to Enable

Under ActiveX controls and plug-ins:

Set Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins to Enable

Set Download signed ActiveX controls to Enable or Prompt

for further details read the prerequisit section of your HP ALM CLient installation documentation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.