Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

New look up list field in Defects Module

Could you add a field named Deployed in Release and make it show the releases found in the Releases module, as a drop-down menu? (The same way the Target Release field functions) .

This new field need to be added in Defects module.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member..

Are you asking if it is possible for the Defects module to be customized to do this, or are you asking HP to modify their product? If you want to file an enhancement request with HP, you need to contact them directly. Enhancement Requests can be filed through their support web site if you have a support contract. - http://support.openview.hp.com/
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks for your info.

I am asking whether there is any possibility to customize the defect module having new fields, which consists of the values as that in Target Release and Target Cycle in release module.

In other way can we add Target Release and Cycle in defects module which consists of all data as in Release module???

Thank You

Deepika

0 Likes
Absent Member..

It is possible to add new fields to the Defect module. Refer to the Administrator Guide section on Project Customization. I don't know if it is possible to make the fields drop downs that look just like the existing Target Release and Target Cycle fields. You would have to customize the workflow to retrieve the Release and Cycle information. I'm not sure that the VBScript of the workflow is robust enough to give you the same display as is used by the other fields.

Alternately you could manually make and maintain a custom list the matches your Releases and Cycles information, and then tie your custom field to that list.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member..

There is already system defined Target Release and Target Cycle field for the Defect module. These may be hidden if they have not been being used.

If you are wanting to add new fields (Deployed in Release) which have the Releases list, this is more difficult IF it can be done at all. the lists shown in these original system fields is not created in the same manner as other Selection Lists in QC. These are 'derived' values. You may be able to write code which will create a list based upon the values in Releases and then use that new list in the new field, but I'm not sure how you would go about it.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

I'm sure you know this, but if you are not using any of the System fields that already use the Management module, you can rename the Field Label to desired name.

i.e. Detected in Release and Detected in Cycle OR Target Cycle and Target Release

Otherwise contact HP support.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Has this been solved - I am looking to create 2 new UDFs called "Introduced in Release" and "Introduced in Cycle" and want the drop-downs to be filled with the values in Release and Cycle.  This new fields are in addition to HP supplied fields.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.