Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Not Able to connect to Quality Center using Microsoft Excel Add-in.

Hi ,

When i'm trying to upload a test case using Microsoft Excel in to Quality Center, at step 5 the Excel Add-in window freezes. Not able to Continue after this Step.

0 Likes
11 Replies
Absent Member..

Sorry I forgot to updat the Versions of Quality Center and Microsoft office being used - QC 10 and Office 2007

Can any one let me know what exactly could be the issue. 

I have Installed the following,

Microsoft Excel add-in and TD Connectivity add-in.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Follow these tips.

1. Uninstall and install the TDAddin again. Make use close all the microfot apps like outlook, excel etc, then do the install.

2. Please make sure that you are provinding the correct URL, UserName and password.

If this didnt workout. Try doing it on Excel' 03 or Excel'10.

Thanks,
Anil Nandam.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Anil,

Thanks for your solution, unfortunately this didn't work. I have been using the same version in my system. I'm able to upload the test cases. But i'm really not sure what could be an issue with my colleague's system.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

What is the OS of the system that is having the problem?  When the add-ins were installed on that system, was the user logged into the system one who had Administrator privileges for the workstation?

I had this problem with a Win7 system and contacted HP support.  What we eventually found to be the problem, in my case, was a folder that should've been created when the add-in installed was missing.

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart\TDAddin.

2. Create a folder called "Tasks" under the TDAddin directory.

3. Open Excel, and export your data. You should be able to get past step 5.

4. Under the Tasks folder you should now see the mapping files

If this doesn't work, I'll give you all the other things we tried first.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
Absent Member..

Hi Trudy,

Yes, I did log in with Admin privileges , OS - Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit Operating System.

I guess XLStart folder was available. I did compare my system with my colleague's. But I should check for TASKS folder and last two steps of your solution. 

Let me try this and get back to you.

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Trudy,

I Created the Tasks folder in TDAddin Directory. After creating I was able to upload a test case in the QC.

Coming back I don't see any mapping files in the Tasks folder and becoz of this every time I try to upload the Test Case I have to map  the excel and then upload the test case. 

I guess the solution helped me partially but I appreciate if you can get more updates on this to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Geethika

0 Likes
Absent Member..

According to the dialog I had with HP support, as of Patch 15 for QC 10 there was a limitations for Windows 7 users with the Excel Add-in.  The engineer said "will needed to be granted permission to the "TDAddin" folder to allow saving of mappings."  I also find the following note in the dialog:

"In the readme for patch 14 [for QC v10] it does list that mappings can’t be saved, but it says that is for non-admin users of Vista and Windows 7, or admin users running IE in Protected Mode.  We are members of the Administrators group, and have been careful to select Run As Admin when launching IE and installing any products on our workstations.  Our default IE setting have Protected Mode disabled.  "

So, you may want to double check your QC patch level and make sure you have the most recent patch, and review the patch readme file to see if these issues have been resolved.  We are on QC v11, so I don't have a v10 system that I can look at or test this out.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Turdy,

Thanks for the below information. We are Working on QC 10, Patch Level 4. I searched for the below information but couldn't find it anywhere then realised we are stil having QC 10, Patch level 4.

How can we get the lastest patch for QC 10? 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

If you have a support contract and an SAID, you can get it through the OpenView support website.

http://support.openview.hp.com/

0 Likes
Absent Member..

As a follow up to this, we are currently updating our machines from Windows XP to Windows 7 and ran into this issue where we could not get passed Step 5.

We created a "tasks" folder in the  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLSTART\TDAddin" and this resolved our issue

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP QC : V10

Ofice 2003

error : While Uploading Test cases , Stuck at Step 5 [clicking the The 'Next' Button doesnt take to next screen]

Resolution : As per post Creating 'Tasks' folder under  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart\TDAddin worked.

It allowed the Maps to be written in Tasks.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.