New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not able to find test plan fields on test instance screen?

Jump to solution

I need to run a query on test instances to find instances meeting certain criteria. The fields I need to use are coming from test plan module (when I select a test set in the test lab, I can see on right side all test instances in a grid view - these fields have a label starting with "Test: xx" means they are coming from the test plan screen

Tried TESTCYCL table but no luck. Original fields are in TEST table as TS_User_01, etc. but TESTCYCL table does not show a value inside TC_User_01 ... Need help from members where can I find these fields

PS: DB Reference in QC 10 used to have a DB Schema Diagram. ALM 11.5 that I am using does not seem to have that in its DB Help 😞

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
The database reference document for ALM 11.5 does still have ERDs. They are available under the Functional Groups Diagrams heading.

Custom fields created in the Test entity are not automatically mirrored in the Test Instance entity. It is true that you will see them in the UI for a Test Instance, but that is a real-time reference back to the source Test entity. If you change the value of that custom field in the source Test entity and then refresh the display of the Test Instance, you will see the value displayed in the Test Instance changes.

If you want the data incorporated into the Test Instance entity so that it won't change, you need to add a user defined field to the Test Instance entity and then write workflow code to copy the value from the Test field to the corresponding Test Instance field.

If you don't want to do that, then in your query you will need to join the TEST table to the query so that you can add the TS_USER_O1 field into your query.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
The database reference document for ALM 11.5 does still have ERDs. They are available under the Functional Groups Diagrams heading.

Custom fields created in the Test entity are not automatically mirrored in the Test Instance entity. It is true that you will see them in the UI for a Test Instance, but that is a real-time reference back to the source Test entity. If you change the value of that custom field in the source Test entity and then refresh the display of the Test Instance, you will see the value displayed in the Test Instance changes.

If you want the data incorporated into the Test Instance entity so that it won't change, you need to add a user defined field to the Test Instance entity and then write workflow code to copy the value from the Test field to the corresponding Test Instance field.

If you don't want to do that, then in your query you will need to join the TEST table to the query so that you can add the TS_USER_O1 field into your query.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry to bump old thread but functional diagrams are not equal to DB Schema Diagram as focus is only on "commonly used tables" ... I was looking for exact same thing .. ALM DB Schema Diagram that HP used to have inside DB Reference for QC 10 but they have removed it from ALM DB Reference.

I was specifcally looking for ERD related to System_Fields table, and All_Lists, etc. That is not included in basic level functional diagrams ... why would HP do this to us admins I dont get it ...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.