Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Project Upgrade failure

Jump to solution

Hi all, I am trying to upgrade a 12.21 project to ALM 15.

I have copied the db schema.

Ran verify and repair on the project - no issues found.

The upgrade proceeds right up to the point in the attached picture. Then it seems to stall for a time and finally it aborts with the message - "The server cannot be found"

This is the only project we are having problems with. We were able to migrate and upgrade other projects using the exact same method without any problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

We managed to resolve this by adding more memory to the ALM JVM heap size in the wrapper.conf file.

Previously it only had 1.5GB. We updated this to 8GB and restarted the ALM service.

After this we were able to upgraded the project to ALM 15.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@cmcn2016 

Have you done a second attempt, to upgrade this project from the scratch?

May be in the first attempt , connection might have been lost with DB server and process timed out.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes Srihari,

my colleague and I have both reattempted it on different occasions and we reach the same point in the process before eventually it times out with the server cannot be found meaage.

We have a case open with MF but was just interested to see if others had experienced same.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@cmcn2016 

Ok, Is there a possibility to repair this project in older version and then try upgrading in new version?

or may be you can first create a copy of the problematic project in older version and then try upgrading that copied project data  in new version ( data will still remain the same in this case, and any deviations in project will be fixed during copy process )

0 Likes
Highlighted

We managed to resolve this by adding more memory to the ALM JVM heap size in the wrapper.conf file.

Previously it only had 1.5GB. We updated this to 8GB and restarted the ALM service.

After this we were able to upgraded the project to ALM 15.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.