ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Publish QC/ALM Requirements to Wiki or Website

I'm exploring the possibility of building a requirements repo on an internal wiki that is powered by QC/ALM.  So basically I need to use the OTA to get the Requirement objects and organize them to publish them.

Has anyone ever explored this?  I know each entity (req, tests,etc..) has a unique ID and URL as well as they can be identified as a node in the workflow.  A lot of our organization does not use Quality Center they utilze our wiki for documentation but we don't want to keep up the same documentation in two places. 

Can anyone point me in a place to start, I didn't see much on this in the OTA or Admin Guide documentation.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member..

Hello,

You can use the OTA API to get the information you need.

In the case of the Wiki, customers have been able to use it with JIRA to sync constantly between JIRA and QC/ALM.

JIRA seems to integrate to Confluence wiki, so all reports can go to wiki automatically.

I hope at least this give you a start on this.

Regards

Ariel Blanco

HP QC/ALM support team

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Examples for how to use the OTA API are contained in the OTA API documentation rather than either the Admin or User guides. You should take a look at those examples.

Alternately, you might want to look at the REST API. I haven't worked with it myself, but it is lighter weight than the OTA API and seems to be good for reading data from ALM.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.