Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Purging old versions of objects in Quality Center Enterprise

We use ther versioning feature in Quality Center Enterprise.  Many versions of objects are VERY old and we are never going to roll back to them.  Is there a way to purge old versions like there is to purge old runs?   I only know of turning off versioning for the project and back on.  However, that affects all versioned objects as well as all versions, including n-1 which could be just from a few hours ago which we may need to roll back to.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Good day BrianGKilby,

According to your question, let me inform you that there is not an opcion to delete old version of objects. As a workaround, you can create a copy of the project, then disable version control on the copy, this will clear out all previous versions leaving only latest ones after this you can re enable VC on it and continue creating new versions, extremely important to emphasize to test in on a copy first.

Another option is on the datatase, the is a column called TS_VC_VERSION_NUMBER, here are saved all the version of the object, you can go to this value and delete it.

Also, I found these QCCR's the might be important for you:

- A parameter that tells QC to automatically delete the version histor... - https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1J17648

- Ability to delete old versions manually and automatically - https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1J13394

Best regards,

Krystal Mata U.
HP QC/ALM Support Team

(If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, please mark the thread as solved)

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for those suggestions.  Both on those links refer to deferred or duplicate tickets.  Would be nice to see any active one please.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Have you considered making a backup copy of the project, then turning version control off and on in the original project in order to clear existing versions? If you later decide you need to roll back certain items you could do that in the backup and then manually copy and update them in production. After a reasonable amount of time you could delete the backup project.

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Yes, thank you.  That is as close as I can come to a solution.  I was hoping that HP would pick up this thread and do something like the "Purge Runs" feature but for other assets like Test Plans, Requirements, etc.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.