New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QC 10.0: External Emails are not sent to external addresses on defect status change

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on how to solve the following problem:

1) Automated email notification is set-up for the defect module.

2) Emails are sent and received by internal staff emails -> no issues

3) Automated emails are not received by external staff email -> issue

4) Manually sending the defect information from the defect module works for external email addresses.

What could be the issue? How do I investigate this?

Many Thanks

Bernhard

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Have you tried adding a Site Configuration parm of FROM_EMAIL_ADDRESS to your installation with a valid email address?  Then have your external folks add that to their safe senders list.

Or you can add FROM_EMAIL_ADDRESS and an email address to the DATACONST table of an individual project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Have you tried adding a Site Configuration parm of FROM_EMAIL_ADDRESS to your installation with a valid email address?  Then have your external folks add that to their safe senders list.

Or you can add FROM_EMAIL_ADDRESS and an email address to the DATACONST table of an individual project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Check with your IT staff about whether the Relay is enabled on your SMTP server.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Mark,

I tried your proposal and it worked. It worked when I added the from email address to the project. In order for the Siteadmin parameter to work would you need to re-boot the server?

Thanks

Bernhard

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.