New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QC 10 Excel Addin error

We are using QC 10 patch level 10, we have just upgrade from 9.0, will be going to the latest patch level early in 2011.

My problem is with the Excel import Addin function.

When I attempt to use the import option I get through right till the end, then the program gives me an error:

Scan Report - 2 errors.

I am unsure why this error is appearing.

I've attached a screen shot of the file in the excel spreadsheet.
I've also attached a screen shot of the mapping I used.

Although in the screen shot I have used header fields in the row 1, I have also done this test without any header details in row 1 and just the required details in row 1.

I have uninstalled the Addin that existed with QC 9 and re-install the Excel Addin for QC 10
I have also re-installed the TDConnectivity.

This process worked fine with QC 9.0 but is giving these issues for QC 10.

I have not raised a call with HP as yet.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Bruce,

Your attachments are omitted.

- 'Subject' and 'Test Name' fields are required - you need correct input for these fields.

- When uploading, highlight the rows for steps that you need to upload (excluding the header fields if there are any)

I'm wondering though if you have already done these steps since you said you had the process working fine in QC 9.0. i doubt though if it's an Addin error because this Add-in should be the same for all QC10 installation packages and uploading tests in QC10 works fine for me.

Regards,
Michael
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

mapping is not done correctly.

You need to map all QC mandatory fileds in Excel. OR you can customize, if that field input is not required for you.

Pls refer QC excel add-in help file for details.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks all the issue is now resolved.

It seemed my issue was simply not highlighting the rows I wished to import.

My mapping was correct as once I highlighted the rows it successfully completed the import process....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks all the issue is now resolved.

It seemed my issue was simply not highlighting the rows I wished to import.

My mapping was correct as once I highlighted the rows it successfully completed the import process....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.