New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QC 9.2 Patch 26 - 10 Big Points

Jump to solution
We have just upgraded our QC 9.2 with Patch 26 and we are running some post tests.

While looking at the Release and Requirements module, I discovered an error in the requirements module. This error appears when you right click on a requirement and choose report selected. An error box pops up. I have attached the error to this. We have seen the error before, but when we toggled back and forth between reports they always populated. These reports work fine when you select them from the analysis menu in the requirements module.

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
If you are on support contract, suggest you to open you a case in HP for this kind of issues.

Thanks..
Arpan

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
If you are on support contract, suggest you to open you a case in HP for this kind of issues.

Thanks..
Arpan

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Make sure that within your IE brower the 'Discuss' option is not selected "off". You should see it as a gold paper-like icon on the browser header or select View > Toolbar > Customize.

If this does not work update your brower's service pack.

I hope this helps.
John Scarpino
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
What version of IE are you referring to?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
IE 6.0 or 6.5
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
John, whenyou click on the discussion, what are you suppossed to link to?

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
John, what about using IE 7?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
You can try it but I do not think that a "discuss" option exists in IE 7.0. Users in my environment that had that issue using IE 7.0 - I had them update the MS service pack and it worked.

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=ef6ea470-d51c-4be5-a15b-74430e9e2ad4&displaylang=en

Let me know how this turns out for you.
John Scarpino
Highlighted
Absent Member..
I always sugegst you to keep the QC un-install utility.

Instead of deleting the file sys entities manually, you can use the utility to un-install QC client.

to install it again, you can open the browser and paste the URL; It will download all the components.

~Shivaram
Highlighted
Absent Member..
FYI..I got this from HP support portal.

"A call to an OS function failed" is fixed by uninstall and reinstall of the Client side components for Quality Center. It is easiest to do it with the uninstall utility that can be downloaded from KM176290:
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

I am facing an issue when trying to create a subfolder in TestPlan module. Got error as "A call to an OS function failed". I checked for the option "Discuss" from View->Toolbar->Customize. oe can we disable or off this?? I am able to see Available toolbar buttons and existing tools bar buttons. Do we need to make discuss on Available tool bar buttons?

Will it gets solved by uninstalling and reinstalling QC or the only way is running Utility tool?

Your inputs are highly valuable.
Regards
Deepika
Add life to your days, not days to your life!!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.