Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QC 9.2 project size

Hello all!

Maybe it is a stupid question, but how can i see the size of a project in QC 9.2?

I have to say that I don't have access to the database, all I can access is the admin console.
Is there a query that I can run here to see the size of the project?
All my projects are stored on a database.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Two ways 1. Via the Database (which seems you do not have access to do) or 2. Disable the project. Export it to a server then view its properties size.

I hope this helps.
John Scarpino
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Which version of HPQC do you use?
In new version HPQC 10 there is not possible to get all data in db. So if you tak the size from db then you also has to count the files on repozitory.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Vladimir,

You need database access and basically view the size of the projects schema itself. Not within a SQL Viewer type application but at the path level of the server itself.

I hope this helps.
John
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

John, I do not understand ...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I need to know this too.
My projects are also in the database.
I have access to the database but don't know Oracle commands.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

For the schema size I use this sql queries:
1) for all schemas (users):
select owner,sum(BYTES) "Total bytes" from dba_segments group by owner;

2) or for particular schema:
select sum(BYTES) "Total bytes" from dba_segments where owner='QUALITYCENTER_DEMO_DB';

But as I said in QC 10 or QC 9.2 there was closed possibility to use db as a repository. So this will give you only the size of db data but you have to add the size of file repository on the application server for the particular QC project.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great thanks, that's just what I want!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have the access to project database QC 9.2. It would be great if you can provide us the query to find out the project size.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What is the Database version?

If SQL.

You can do the below + your repository Size.

1.Get the Schema Name of tha project.
2. Go to the DataBase Server and open SQL Server Managment Studio.
3. Open the Database folder and look for the relevant Schema name.
4. right click on the database and click on properties.

If Oracle:

Get in Touch with your DBA for the schema size and add your Repository Size to get the full size of the project.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.