Highlighted
New Member.

QC Project last modified time

Jump to solution

One of my customers has lot of active projects, is there an easy way to audit QC and determine when the last change was made to projects ?

Basically, I would to identify projects via SQL/OTA that have not been touched for a while and identify them as candidates for archiving before upgrading to 11.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: QC Project last modified time

Jump to solution

We look at the AUDIT_LOG table for a specific project as well after filtering out activity related to adding/removing users. Without this you can get a false indication of a project being active when it is only due to an admin removing users

SELECT * FROM AUDIT_LOG WHERE AU_ENTITY_TYPE <> 'users' ORDER BY AU_TIME DESC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

The Sessions_History table in QC_siteadmin database can provide you that information.

You can run a query on Sessions_history  table to find out when was the last time users were connected to a particular project.(some useful columns in this table, Start_time,end_tine,Project_name,User_name)

And based on the date/time you can proceed with your next steps.

Thank you,

Muhammad Sami

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

We look at the AUDIT_LOG table for a specific project as well after filtering out activity related to adding/removing users. Without this you can get a false indication of a project being active when it is only due to an admin removing users

SELECT * FROM AUDIT_LOG WHERE AU_ENTITY_TYPE <> 'users' ORDER BY AU_TIME DESC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

I noticed that project AUDIT_LOG table has updates and deletes. However, I didn't see certain updates such as when I add comment it doesn't record anything at all. Is that expected behavior ?

What kind of user operations are logged in the table AUDIT_LOG ?

Is there a way to trace all operations (create, delete, update etc.) for a specific user ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

What did you end up using? Only the audit_log?

I'm working on the same thing currently - trying to figure out the last modified date for Defect, Requirements, etc... in every project but I'm just not 100% sure that audit_log tracks every single thing...

Can anyone tell us if it includes REQS?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.